Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prep Notes: prep time is five minutes, inactive time is four hours or overnight in the fridge to allow the ingredients to gel.
Prepared in: small mason jars
When you are in the need of a quick, no-cook, make-ahead breakfast or snack!
This chia seed pudding is satisfying, nutrient-dense, full of fiber, protein, and omega-3s!
● 2 cups of coconut milk, organic unsweetened from a can
● 1/2 cup chia seeds
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup maple syrup, or other sweetener/amount of choice
● 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For blended/smooth version, please all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth.
For whole chia seed version, blend all ingredients except the chia seeds in a blender until smooth, including any added flavors, fruits, or chocolate, then whisk in chia seeds.
Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow to gel completely.
Shake or wisk a few times within the first hour to help it gel evenly
Mix up the flavors by trying the following: ● Chocolate: Add 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder to the blended version of this recipe and/or add chocolate flavored stevia.
● Strawberry: Add 1⁄2 cup fresh strawberries to the blended recipe. Or, try blending fresh strawberries into a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole chia seed recipe.
● Chai flavor: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and a pinch of cardamon and cloves for a chai flavor.
● Matcha: Add 1 tbsp of matcha green to your mix- great source of antioxidants.
Add slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or shredded coconut on top!