Broccoli & Arugula Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 people
This delicious nutrient dense soup is so flavorful and may help to increase immunity.
Blending the ingredients helps the soup to taste creamy without any added dairy.
● 2 TBSP of olive oil
● 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
● 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
● 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets (approx. 1 lb)
● 3-4 cups of water or organic vegetable stock
● 1/2 TSP each of course salt and cracked pepper
● 1 1/2 cup of arugula
● 1 lemon
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. 2. Add the garlic and onion and saute for a couple of minutes or until fragrant. 3. Add the broccoli and cook for around 7-8 minutes or until bright green. 4. Add the water or stock, salt, and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender. 5. Pour into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth. BE VERY CAREFUL when blending hot liquids; start slowly and work in batches if necessary (you don't want the steam to blow the lid off). 6. Serve with fresh lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil in the soup and toasted sourdough!