Great after-school pick-me-up or when you are feeling under the weather.Excellent for hydration.
Full of minerals and vitamins.
● 1-2 celery stalks
● A handful of spinach or microgreens
● 1⁄2 cucumber
● 1 apple cored and cut into chunks
● 1 small piece of ginger, think the size of the tip of your thumb or smaller
● 1⁄2 lemon, juiced for the blender, or peeled for the juicer
● 1/2 cup of ice if using the blender (optional)
You can use either a blender or a juicer. For the blender, add everything to the container and blend on med/high until it is smooth, the blender version may be a little pulpy but that means you are getting all the soluble fiber that comes with fruit and vegetables, you can add a little water to thin it out.
Play around with whatever fruits and veggies you like best. For the blender version, you can peel the cucumbers and apples, and juice the lemon if you choose, to make it less pulpy.
Whenever possible, use organically grown produce to limit your exposure to harmful chemicals.